Assisting Metro Pensacola With Family Law Support Modifications For Over 30 Years

Our daily lives are always changing. The loss of or switch to a different job, a change to health insurance or a remarriage, for instance, can all trigger the need to change a present child support or alimony arrangement.

Either parent can request a modification, but the law in Florida is strict and certain requirements must be met.

Modifying Child Support Arrangements

In Florida, a modification of child support can be altered by a petition if there is a "substantial change in circumstances" of either party. Traditional examples include:

  • Change in income or expenses, such as when a parent loses a job or health care insurance premiums rise
  • Change in parenting-time splits, such as when overnight arrangements or holiday schedules change

Modifying Alimony Payments

Monthly spousal support modifications can be requested if a life change affects the payor's ability to pay or the payee's continued need.

Some instances include, but are not limited to, one party receiving a large inheritance, one party remarrying or one party's inability to earn a living due to a medical condition.

Offering Personal Service, Tailored Approaches At Peeler Law Firm, PLLC

If you need assistance modifying a child support or spousal support arrangement, reach out to attorney Stan Peeler with Peeler Law Firm, PLLC He has represented individuals with various family law matters for over 30 years.

He will meet with you over a free, face-to-face consultation to speak with you about the changes — for as long as it takes. He will then work with you to come up with an approach that works best for you and the goals you wish to accomplish.

Call 850-462-2563 or send an email.