WORTHLESS CHECK CHARGES
Section 832.05, Florida Statutes, addresses the offense of worthless checks. In order to prove the crime of issuing a worthless check, the State must prove:
1. The Defendant drew, made, forged, issued or delivered the check in question.
2. When the Defendant did so, there was insufficient money on deposit in the bank to pay the check.
3. The Defendant knew when the check was written that there were insufficient funds on deposit with the bank.
4. The Defendant knew there was no understanding for the bank to pay the check.
5. The check was in the amount of $150 or more.
SECURE YOUR CRIMINAL DEFENSE CASE
When facing felony or misdemeanor charges, a good criminal defense attorney is crucial. Stan Peeler is highly knowledgeable regarding criminal defense with over 35 years of experience. You can retain our firm with confidence knowing your case will be handled thoroughly and attentively. Call us at today 850-432-7705 or complete our online form here by providing us with the details of your legal needs.